You can use the Settings and manufacturers button in the Unit enrollment tool to specify which manufacturers to include when searching for new units. You can also configure the discovery settings for units, and specify username and passwords for units so they can be enrolled easily.
- From the home page, click .
- In the Unit enrollment dialog box, click Settings and manufacturers ().
Configure the following options:
- Always run extensive search. Turn this on if you want all
units on the system to be discovered.NOTE: Units from other manufacturers may also be discovered because UPnP and Zero config are also used in the discovery process.
- Refuse basic authentication (video units only). Use this
switch to enable or disable basic authentication. This is useful if you turned off basic
authentication in the Security
Center InstallShield, but you need to turn it back on to
perform a firmware upgrade, or enroll a camera that only supports basic authentication.
To turn basic authentication back on, you must switch the Refuse basic
authentication option to Off. NOTE: This option is only available to users with Administrator privileges.
- Always run extensive search. Turn this on if you want all units on the system to be discovered.
Click Add manufacturer () to
add a manufacturer to the list of units that will be discovered.
To delete a manufacturer from the list, select it and click .
Configure the individual settings for any manufacturers you added. To do this, select
the manufacturer and click .
IMPORTANT: You must enter the correct username and password for the unit to enroll properly.
- (Optional) Remove units from the list of ignored units (see Removing units from list of ignored units).
- Click Save.