You can create personalized maps of your site and floor plans of your buildings, by importing their background image from image files.
All maps must be attached to an area.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Map designer task.
- Click Create.
- In the area tree, select an area to attach to your map, or click New area to create one.
- (Optional) Select the icon to represent your area with a map (Default = ).
- Click Next.
For the type of map background, select the Image option,
and click Select file.
In the file browser, select a file and click Open.
NOTE: Image files, PDF files, and AutoCAD (DXF and DWG) files are supported.The selected image is shown in the preview window.
- If necessary, select which layers or page to import, and then rotate and crop the image.
Click Advanced settings () , and set the
- The resolution of the image.
- The background color of the image.
- Click Next.
Set your map scale using one of the following options:
NOTE: Instead of setting the map scale, you can georeference the map.
- Floor plan for a small area such as a cafeteria or an auditorium.
- Floor plan for a large area such as a building floor, a stadium, or a warehouse.
- Site map for an airport, a mall, or a university campus.
- City map. For example: Montreal, New York, Paris, London, Tokyo.
Click Create to generate the map.
The created map is displayed in the Map designer workspace.
- If required, set a set a specific scale for the imported map image.
- Configure the default map view and other presets.
- Configure the default information to display when someone opens this map.
- In the Map designer toolbar, click Save ().
Add map objects to your map.