In addition to the Sharp cameras that read the license plates of vehicles entering a parking zone, you can also associate one or more additional video cameras to the parking zone. This allows the operator to perform surveillance in addition to monitoring parking zone occupancy.
Before you begin
- Create a parking zone.
What you should know
When cameras are linked to a parking zone, the parking zone occupancy information is displayed as a bar graph above the video feed in the Monitoring task.
To monitor parking zones with cameras, you must have one of the following Security Center configurations:
- An Archiver role with available cameras.
- An Omnicast™ Federation™ role to connect to an external Omnicast™ system.
- A Security Center Federation™ role to connect to an external Security Center system with cameras.
- From the Config Tool home page, click the Area view task.
- In the entity tree, click the parking zone to which you want to link cameras.
- In the Relationships section of the Identity tab, select Cameras.
- Click Add an item ().
- In the Search window, click the camera entity you want to add and click Select.
- Click Apply.
- In the Relationships section of the Identity tab, expand Cameras and verify that the camera has been added.