Some of the configuration tabs are commonly used by most Security Center entities.
- Entity type.
- Icon assigned to the entity in the Area view,
Identity tab, on maps, and so on.
Click the Change icon drop-down to change the icon settings:
- Click Browse... to navigate to and select your own preferred custom icon.
- Click Reset to restore the default icon.
NOTE: Doors have two icons to indicate if they are open or closed.
- Name for the entity Security
It is recommended to create a unique and descriptive name for each entity. In
some cases, a default name is created, which you can change. Entity names are
editable, except in the following cases:
- Server entities
- The entity name corresponds to the machine name and cannot be changed.
- Federated entities
- The entity name is defined on the original system and cannot be changed on the federation.
- Optional information about the entity.
- Logical ID
- Unique number assigned to the entity to easily identify them in the system (mainly for CCTV keyboard operations).
List of relationships between this entity and other entities on the system.
You can use the command buttons found at the bottom of the list to manage the relationship between this entity and other entities in the system.
- To add a new relationship, click .
- To remove a relationship, select a related entity, and click .
- To jump to a related entity’s configuration page, select the entity, and click .
- Specific information
- Certain entity types, such as video units, might show additional information in this tab.
The Cameras tab allows you to associate cameras to the entity so that when it is viewed in Security Desk, the cameras are displayed instead of the entity icon.
From this tab you can perform the following actions:
- To add a camera, click .
- To remove the selected camera, click .
The Custom fields tab lets you view and modify the custom fields defined for the entity. The sample screen capture below is that of a cardholder entity.
This tab only appears when custom fields are created for that type of entity.
- Employee information
- Hire date
- Office extension
- Personal information
- Home number
- Cellphone number (flagged as mandatory)
- Time zone
- The time zone is used to display the entity events in the entity’s local time zone. In Security Center, all times are stored in UTC in the databases, but are displayed according to the local time zone of the entities. The local time of the entity is displayed below the time zone selection.
- The geographical location (latitude, longitude) of the entity.
- This location setting is only used for the following types of entities:
- For video units, the location is used for the automatic calculation of the time the sun rises and sets on a given date.
- For fixed LPR units that are not equipped with a GPS receiver, the geographical location is used to plot the LPR events (reads and hits) associated to the LPR unit on the map in Security Desk.