If you want to change the server hosting a role or add secondary servers for failover, you must host the role’s database on a different computer.
What you should know
This procedure is not necessary for the Archiver role. For Archiver roles, it is recommended to host the database locally.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the System task, and click the Roles view.
- Select the role whose database you want to move, and then click () in the toolbar at the bottom of the workspace.
- Click the Resources tab.
Back up the current database.
Tip: Since the backup folder is relative to the current server, it might be a good idea to select a network location that can be reached by any server on your system.
- (Optional) Delete the current database.
- Create the database on the new machine .
- Restore the content that you have backed up to the new database.
- Click Apply.
- In the toolbar at the bottom of the workspace, click Activate ().