(Only visible to users with the LPR management > View general settings privileges) This section lists the settings found in the General settings page in the LPR task.
General settings - Applications page
- Map type
- Display the type of map system supported by your Security Center license.
- Color for reads
- Click to select the color used to show license plate reads on maps.
- Require reason when generating LPR report
- When switched to On, a Reason required dialog is displayed when generating any report that contains LPR data. This ensures that the reason for the LPR search is recorded and included in Activity trail (Report generated) audit logs to comply with State laws.
- Initial longitude/latitude
- Set the default starting location for map view in Security Desk. You can type the coordinates in the fields or click Select and zoom in on a location and click Select. A red pushpin appears to indicate the selected position.
- Logon attempts before lockdown
- You can specify the number of unsuccessful logon attempts a Genetec Patroller™ can make before the account is locked out. For example, if the limit is set to 3, Genetec Patroller™ users have three attempts to log on to Genetec Patroller™ with their username and password. On the fourth attempt, their accounts will be locked and they won’t be able to logon. Users with locked accounts must contact their administrators in order to have the password reset. Genetec Patroller™ must be connected to the Security Center server for the password to be reset.
- Configure Genetec
Patroller™ to obscure license
plate numbers, or exclude plate, context, or wheel images from reads and hits so that
the information is not stored in the LPR Manager database.
- License plate, context, or wheel images
- When switched to On, images are not sent to Security Center or included in offloaded data.
- License plate
- When switched to On, the plate number text string is replaced by asterisks (*) when sent to Security Center or in the offloaded data.
- Enforced hit attributes
- Create text entry fields that Genetec Patroller™ users must enter text in when they enforce a hit. The information from the enforced hit text fields can be queried in the Security Desk hits report.
General settings - Hotlist page
- New wanted attributes
- A new wanted is a hotlist item that is manually entered by the Genetec Patroller™ user. The new wanted attributes are attributes other than the standard ones (plate number, plate issuing state, category) that the Genetec Patroller™ user is asked to specify when entering a new wanted item in the Genetec Patroller™.
- New wanted categories
- List of hotlist categories that a Genetec Patroller™ user can pick from when entering a new wanted item. The category is the attribute that says why a license plate number is wanted in a hotlist.
- Hit reject reasons
- List of reasons for rejecting hotlist hits. These values also become available as Reject reason filter options for generating hit reports in Security Desk.
- Hit accept reasons
- A form that contains information Genetec Patroller™ users must provide when they accept a hit. The information from the hit form can be queried in the Security Desk Hit report.
- Enable “No infraction” button
- Select this option to enable the No infraction button in the Genetec Patroller™ hit survey. This button allows the Genetec Patroller™ user to skip the hit survey after enforcing a hit.
General settings - Overtime rule page
The Overtime rule page allows you to define the custom reject reasons for overtime hits. The values defined here are downloaded to Patrollers and are available as Reject reason filter options for generating hit reports in Security Desk.
One category is pre-configured for you when you install Security Center.
General settings - Permit page
The Permit page allows you to define the custom reject reasons for permit hits, and to select the minimum elapsed time for shared permit violations (University Parking Enforcement and City Parking Enforcement). The values defined here are downloaded to patrol vehicles and are available as Reject reason filter options for generating hit reports in Security Desk.
- Hit reject reasons
- List of reasons for rejecting permit hits or shared permit hits. These values also become available as Reject reason filter options for generating hits reports in Security Desk.
- Maximum elapsed time for shared permit violation
- This parameter defines the time period used by University Parking Enforcement patrol
vehicles to generate shared permit hits. A shared permit hit is generated when two
vehicles sharing the same permit ID are parked in the same parking area within the
specified time period.
For example, let’s say you’re using the default 120 minutes (two hours), and license plates ABC123 and XYZ456 are sharing the same parking permit. If Genetec Patroller™ reads plate ABC123 at 9:00 A.M., and then reads plate XYZ456 at 11:01 A.M., Genetec Patroller™ does not raise a hit because the time exceeds the 120 minutes.
General settings - Annotation fields page
The Annotation fields page allows you to define additional selectors to appear in Security Desk Reads or Hits report. To be valid, the selector must relate exactly to the information contained in the actual read or hit.
For example, if you configure CarModel and CarColor as an Enforced hit attribute (see Enforced hit attributes in Genetec Patroller™), the Genetec Patroller™ user will be asked to enter the car’s model and color when enforcing a hit, and the information will be stored with the hit. Specifying CarColor as an Annotation field will allow the values entered by the user to be displayed in a Hits report.
You can also add user custom fields to annotation fields in order to associate a user’s metadata with individual reads and hits. This allows you to query and filter for the user custom fields in Security Desk Reads and Hits reports.