If you do not receive an alarm in Security Desk, you can troubleshoot the cause of the issue.
Make sure the user who is trying to receive the alarm is a recipient of the alarm, as
- Open the Alarms task, and click the Alarms view.
- Select the alarm, and click the Properties tab.
- Make sure the user, or the user group they are a member of, is in the Recipients list.
Make sure the alarm schedule is not preventing you from triggering the alarm at this
moment, as follows:
- Click the Advanced tab of the alarm.
- Make sure the schedule listed in the Schedule drop-down list applies at this time.
Make sure the alarm recipient has the correct user privileges to receive alarms, as
- From the Config Tool home page, open the User management task.
- Select the user to configure, and click the Privileges tab.
- Make sure the Alarm monitoring and Acknowledge alarms user privileges are set to Allow.
- Click Apply.