You can monitor the health of your system by checking the availability statistics of your system entities using the Health statistics report.
What you should know
One of the important fields in the Health statistics report is the Availability of a given entity. Availability is expressed as a percentage.
- Open the Health statistics task.
Set up the query filters for your report. Choose one or more of the following
- Event timestamp
- Define the time range for the query. The range can be defined for a specific period or for global time units, such as the previous week or the previous month.
- Source entity
- Source entity of the event.
- Source group
- Source entity group of the event. Usually a role or a unit.
- Custom fields
- Restrict the search to a predefined custom field for the entity. This filter only appears if custom fields are defined for the entity, and if the custom field was made visible to you when it was created or last configured.
Click Generate report.
The health statistics for the selected entities are listed in the report pane. If health statistics could not be calculated for a given role or entity, the reason is shown in the Calculation status column of the report pane:
- One or more events used to calculate availability are currently disabled
- The system administrator needs to select which health events to monitor by configuring the Health Monitor role. .
- One or more servers from the system are offline
- The server hosting the selected role is offline, therefore, the health statistics cannot be calculated for the role.