||Use the Map designer menu and toolbar to create, edit, and
delete the maps in your system, as well as arrange the map objects on your map.
||Selection tool (): Click a map object to select it. You can also do the following:
- Click and hold the map background to move it.
- Zoom in to an area of the map by holding the Ctrl key, and then clicking and
- Select multiple map objects with a rectangle, by holding the Alt key, and then clicking and dragging.
- Select all the map objects of the same type that are in view, by holding the
Alt key, and then clicking a map object.
||Draw vector objects:
- Draw line
- Click and drag to draw a single line segment to represent a
- Click and drag to draw a rectangle. Drag a handle to change its
size. Note that you cannot change a rectangle into a different type
- Click once for each endpoint, and click the first endpoint to close the polygon. Use Shift+click to add or remove a point between two points. Double-click a point to complete the polygon without closing it.
- Draw ellipse
- Click and drag to draw an ellipse. Drag a handle to change its size.
||Insert images and text:
- Opens a browser for you to select an image file, and click to place
it on the map.
- Click to place a text box on the map. Double-click the text box to
enter the text. Use the widgets to adjust the appearance of the
||Create map objects representing entities:
- Area view
- Click the area view to create map objects representing areas, intrusion
detection areas, cameras, camera sequences, monitoring layouts, doors, LPR
cameras, and zones.
- Click, select, and drag an alarm to the map.
- Click, select, and drag a macro to the map.
- Click, select, and drag an input pin, output relay, or a unit to the map.
NOTE: It is possible to select I/Os federated and local cameras.
||Use the widgets to configure the selected map object. When multiple map objects
are selected, only the common widgets are displayed.
||Click and drag the FOV to position it on the map.