An elevator is a type of entity that provides access control properties to elevators. For an elevator, each floor is considered an access point.
When a cardholder uses a credential, the floor buttons to access those floors for which that cardholder is authorized, are enabled. This is achieved by controlling an output relay to enable the floor button.
Floor tracking is achieved by monitoring inputs, which records the floor buttons that are pressed. This permits tracking reports for elevator usage in the Security Desk.
Hardware required for elevator control and floor tracking
- An access control unit.NOTE: Only Synergis™ units are supported for new installations.
- A reader in the elevator cab.
- Outputs that close relay contacts to enable the floor buttons.
- Inputs that record the floor buttons that have been selected (only necessary when floor tracking is required).
- Interface modules supplying or connecting the above hardware to the access control unit.
- Card only
- Card or PIN
- Card and PIN
- Card and PIN on a schedule
- Grant time
- This value indicates for how long the elevator floor buttons stay enabled after the access has been granted.
- Output relay state for free access
- There are two possible choices: (1) Normal, means floor access is enabled when the access control unit output relay is de-energized; (2) Active, means floor access is enabled when the access control unit output relay is energized.