You must work with your video archives to ensure that the recordings are always available to assist an investigation.
Security Center stores surveillance video as video archives. You control where the archives are stored and how long they are retained. To ensure your video is properly archived and available when you need it, you must perform the following tasks:
- Check the archive storage requirements to ensure you have enough room for your video recordings.
- If storage performance is an issue, consider distributing the archive storage over multiple disks.
- Regularly monitor how much disk space you have left to ensure there is always sufficient space for new recordings.
- When required, free up disk space by deleting older video files, shortening retention periods for cameras, and so on.
- Ensure the recordings are properly archived, easily accessible, and secure. You can:
- Protect important video files from being automatically deleted.
- Protect important video files from tampering by adding watermarks.
- Audit the archive storage by reviewing the video file properties.
- If required, manage the effects of Daylight Savings Time on your video archives.
- Import external video files to Security Center.