To monitor video in Security Center, you must add video units to an Archiver.
Before you begin
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Video task.
.The Manual add dialog box opens.
- If you have multiple Archiver roles, select one to manage the unit from the Archiver drop-down list.
- Select the unit’s manufacturer and product type.
Enter the static IPv4 or IPv6 IP address of the video
If your network supports DHCP, click Hostname to enter the hostname of the unit. To add multiple units in a single operation, enter a range () of IP addresses .
Enter the HTTP port for the unit (default = 80).
NOTE: If the unit uses HTTPS, enter the HTTP port (80) here. You will enter the HTTPS port in the following steps.
Select which credentials the Archiver uses to connect to the unit.
- Default logon
- Use the default logon credentials defined in the manufacturer’s extension for this Archiver. If the extension has not yet been defined, blank credentials are used.
- Enter the specific logon credentials used by this unit. This can be changed to Use default logon later during video unit configuration.
- If the video unit is configured to use HTTPS, turn on Use HTTPS and enter the HTTPS port of the unit (default = 443).
Complete all other settings as necessary, and click Add.
If the manufacturer’s extension does not exist, it is created for you.
If the added unit is an encoder with multiple streams available, each stream is added with the Camera - n string appended to the unit name, n representing the stream number. For an IP camera with only one stream available, the unit name is not modified.
- To refresh the Role view, press F5.