For the Access Manager to communicate with access control units, you must add the manufacturer-specific extensions.
Extensions are added by default when the Access Manager is created. However, the Genetec™ Synergis™ extension required by Synergis™ units is created with the default discovery port, 2000. If you configured your Synergis™ units with a different port number, you must also change or add it to the Access Manager.
What you should know
Best Practice: If you have two or more Access Manager roles controlling Synergis™ units on the same subnet, make sure that they use different discovery ports. Otherwise, you might experience performance issues with your Synergis™ units.
- Open the Access control task, and click the Roles and units view.
- Select the Access Manager, and click the Extensions tab.
- At the bottom of the extensions list, click Add an item ().
In the Add extensions dialog box, select the extension types
you need and click Add.
NOTE: If you only selected HID VertX, the procedure ends here.
- Select the Genetec™ Synergis™ extension you added.
- To add a discovery port, click Add an item (), at the bottom of the Discovery ports section.
In the Discovery port dialog box, enter the port number
configured for your Synergis™ units and click Create.
The port number must match the discovery port configured on your Synergis™ units. The default value is 2000.
- Click Apply.