To test an alarm that you just created, or if something critical occurs and you want to activate an alarm, you can trigger the alarm manually.
Before you begin
- The alarm must be configured in Config Tool.
- If you want to trigger alarms from the Monitoring task, you must enable alarm monitoring.
To trigger an alarm manually:
Do one of the following:
- In the Config Tool Alarms task, select an alarm, and then click Trigger alarm () in the toolbar at the bottom of the workspace.
- In the Security Desk notification tray, click . Click Trigger alarm (), select an alarm, and then click OK.
- In the Security Desk Alarm monitoring task or Monitoring task, click Trigger alarm (), select an alarm, and clickTrigger alarm.
All pre-configured alarm recipients receive the alarm if they are logged on to Security Desk.