The LPR Manager role manages and controls the patrol vehicle software (Genetec Patroller™), Sharp cameras, and parking zones. The LPR Manager stores the LPR data (reads, hits, timestamps, GPS coordinates, and so on) collected by the devices.
Multiple instances of this role can be created on the system to provide scalability and partitioning. For example, different fleets of patrol vehicles can be managed by different LPR Managers.
LPR Manager root folder
The root folder is the main folder on the computer hosting the LPR Manager. It is where all the configuration files are created, saved, and exchanged between the LPR Manager and the Genetec Patroller™ units it manages.
- Contains the configuration and data files to transfer to Genetec Patroller™ manually using a USB key or similar device.
- Contains the LPR data offloaded by Genetec Patroller™.
- Contains the delta files used by Security Center to transfer hotlist and permit list changes. Do not copy or move anything in this folder.
LPR data management
The LPR data is managed by the LPR Manager role and by the Archiver role. Both roles work in tandem. If the Archiver cannot store the images (for example, when the disks are full), the LPR Manager stops storing the LPR metadata, and the Genetec Patroller™ installations and fixed Sharp units that are controlled by the LPR Manager temporarily store the data locally until the problem is resolved.
- LPR Manager:
- The LPR metadata (reads, hits, timestamps, Genetec Patroller™ positions, and so on) are stored by the LPR Manager role in a SQL Server database.
- If you have many LPR Manager roles in your system, they can all be linked to the same Archiver role.
- The LPR images (captured by context cameras, LPR cameras, and wheel imaging cameras) associated to the reads and hits are stored in the file system by an Archiver role.
- The Archiver role follows the data retention periods configured for the LPR Manager.