[KBA-00997] Can a New Cardholder or Credential Be Set to Expire a Certain Amount of Time After First Use?
This article explains how to set credentials or cardholders to expire automatically after they are used for the first time.
When creating new cardholders or credentials in Security Desk or even with the Config Tool, it might be required to only trigger the expiration period after first use of the credential. Is it possible to set a cardholder or a credential to expire a certain amount of time after first use?
Security Desk and Config Tool allow you to expire the cardholder or the credential a specific number of days after first use. Note that when the cardholder expires, all credentials assigned to it will cease to work.
For the Cardholders:
1. Open the Cardholder management task in Security Desk
2. In the Cardholder management window, click Create new cardholder
3. Under the Cardholder Identity tab, set Expiration to Set expiration on first use and specify the number of Days
For the Credentials:
1. Open the Credential enrollment task in Security Desk
2. Both the Manual and Automatic entry methods allow you to set the Expiration to Set expiration on first use and to specify the number of Days.
For example: if the credential or cardholder expiration is set to "Set expiration on first use after 1 day",the credential or cardholder will automatically expire 24 hours after first use (Date, Hour, Min and Second format).