[KBA-00191] Required antivirus configuration with Omnicast™ and Windows Indexing
This article explains what configurations are required when an antivirus is installed on the same machine as your Omnicast™ system.
It is not recommended to run Omnicast™ with an antivirus; however, if it is necessary for your Omnicast™ software to run on a server with an antivirus, you must configure exclusions.
- C:\VideoArchives (or wherever your video archives are being stored)
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$OMNICAST (or wherever your SQL databases and logs are being stored)
- C:\ArchiverLogs, C:\DirectoryLogs and C:\GatewayLogs (or wherever your Omnicast™ logs are being saved)
We also recommend that you deactivate the indexing service on the video archives drives, as follows:
- In Windows File Explorer, right-click the drive that is storing your video archives and click Properties.
- In the General tab, clear the allow indexing service to index this disk for fast file searching option.