[KBA-78768] Security warning appears for Sipelia™ intercoms when logging in to Security Desk
This article explains why a security warning appears for Sipelia™ intercoms when the server or workstation that is running Security Desk has no internet access.
When logging in to Security Desk on a server or workstation that has no internet access, the following security warning appears for every SIP intercom:
For servers or workstations with no internet access, Security Center cannot verify the certificate of SIP intercom devices.
Do the following:
- In the folder that contains the certificate information (C:\Program Files
(x86)\Genetec Sipelia\TilePlugin), open the properties of
- Open mmc console and click File > Add/Remove Snap-ins to add the
Certificates for Current User.
- In Current User > Untrusted Certificates > Certificates, find a matching
certificate for Genetec.Sipelia.Client.TilePlugin.dll.
- Drag the certificate of Genetec.Sipelia.Client.TilePlugin.dll into Current User > Intermediate Certification Authorities > Certificates.
- If there are multiple users working on the same server or workstation, repeat these steps for the Local Computer.