[KBA-75306] Configuring Bosch B series and G series panel settings using Bosch RPS
Before integrating Bosch intrusion panels to Security Center, you must configure the B series or G series panel settings, such as the intrusion areas, inputs (points), outputs (relays), automation mode of operation, and other behavior, using the Bosch Management Remote Programming Software (RPS).
More InformationBefore you begin
- Make sure you have Bosch RPS installed.
- Make sure you can connect to the panel using the Bosch Management RPS.
- Define the panel's inputs (points), outputs (relays), areas, and other behavior.
The mode of operation for a panel is the protocol that is used to communicate with Security Center. Bosch B series panels support Mode 1 or Mode 2. Bosch G series panels support Mode 2.To configure B series or G series panel settings using Bosch RPS:
- On your computer, open the Bosch Management RPS.
- Click Add Panel, select the panel model, and click OK.
- In the Panel Info tab, type a name for the panel.
- From the Panel Version drop-down list, select the firmware version installed on the panel, and click OK.
- Configure the mode of operation for the panel, as follows:
- Click AUTOMATION.
- Set the Automation Device to Mode 1 using onboard connection
without TLS or Mode 2.
- If you selected Mode 1, configure the Mode 1 Automation Ethernet Port
The default port is 7702. The port is used to communicate with the panel in the Mode 1 protocol and it is used for enrollment; it must not be the same as the TCP/UDP Port Number in the On Board Ethernet Communicator section.
- Set the Automation Passcode.You require this password when you add the panel as an intrusion detection unit in Security Center.
- Click Save.
- If the panel will be using the onboard Ethernet communication module to
communicate with Security Center, configure the panel's IP settings as follows:
- Click PANEL WIDE PARAMETERS > On Board Ethernet
- Set IPv6 Mode and IPv4 DHCP/AutoIP Enable options to No.
- Set UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) Enable to Yes.
- Configure the IP addresses as needed.
IMPORTANT: If you are using Mode 1, ignore TCP/UDP Port Number. It is used for Mode 2 only.
- Click Save.
- Click PANEL WIDE PARAMETERS > On Board Ethernet Communicator.
- Click Connect, and then send the updated settings to the panel.
- Click Disconnect.
- If you changed the automation mode of operation, select Reset Panel.
- Click OK.
Enable communication between Security Center and the panel.Configuring Bosch B series and G series panels for IP communication