The Security Center license is activated on the main server. You must activate your Security Center license after you install Security Center on the main server, and when you promote an expansion server to a main server. If you have Internet access, you can activate your Security Center license using a web connection through Server Admin.
Before you begin
- Internet connection
- If your server does not have Internet access, then see Activating Security Center license without Internet access.
- System ID and password
- The System ID and password are found in the Security Center License Information document. Genetec™ Customer Service sends you this document when you purchase the product.
- Server password
- The server password is used to log on to Server Admin. The server password is set during the installation.
Open the Server
Admin web page by
doing one of the following:
- In the address bar of your web browser, type
computer is the DNS name or the IP address of your
server, and port is the web server port specified during
You can omit the web server port if you are using the default value (80).
- If connecting to Server Admin from the local host, double-click Genetec™Server Admin () in the Genetec Security Center folder in the Windows Start menu.
- In the address bar of your web browser, type http://computer:port/Genetec, where computer is the DNS name or the IP address of your server, and port is the web server port specified during the Security Center Server installation.
Enter the server password that you set during the server installation, and
click Log on.
The Server Admin Overview page appears.
Do one of the following:
- Click License at the top of the Server Admin browser window.
- Click Modify under the License section of the Server Admin Overview page.
In the License management dialog box, click Web
activation, and enter your System ID and
Password as specified in the Security
Information document you received when you purchased your
Your license information appears in the License section of the Server Admin Overview page.
Click Details to view your license options in a dialog
Your license options are divided into many tabs. For more information, see License options in Security Center.
- Click Close, and then close your browser window.