To reactivate your Security Center license for the changes you made to the list of Directory servers while the Config Tool workstation has no Internet access, you must use a second workstation to download your license file from GTAP, and then apply the license file using your first workstation.
What you should know
In the License management dialog box, click
Save to file to save the composite validation key to
The validation key is a sequence of numbers (in hexadecimal text format) generated by Security Center that uniquely identifies all your Directory servers. The validation key is used to generate the license key that unlocks your Security Center software. The license key that is generated can only be applied to the servers identified by the validation key.A text file named validation.vk is saved to your default Downloads folder. Make sure you copy this file to a location (this can be a USB key) that you can access from another computer that has Internet access.
- Move to the computer that has Internet access.
From another computer with Internet access, log on to GTAP at: https://gtap.genetec.com.
On the GTAP login page, do one of the following:
The browser opens to the System Information page.
- Enter the System ID and the Password specified in the Security Center License Information document, and click Login.
- Enter your GTAP user account (your email address) and Password, and
- On the Genetec™ Portal - Portals page, click .
- From the System ID drop-down list, select your system, and click Submit.
Scroll down to the License information section and click
In the dialog box that opens, browse to your validation key (.vk file), and
The message License activation successful appears.
Click Download License, and save the license key to a
The default name is your System ID followed by _Directory_License.lic.
- Return to the Config Tool workstation.
- In the License management dialog box, click Manual activation.
In the Manual activation dialog box, browse for the
license key file, and click Open.
- Click Activate.