[KBA-79019] Camera settings revert to default values after upgrading to Security Center 5.8
This article explains why the video resolution, bit rate, and connection type options might revert to the default values for some cameras after upgrading to Security Center 5.8 if you have Archiver failover configured.
After upgrading to Security Center 5.8 GA, 188.8.131.52, or 184.108.40.206, the Resolution, Bit rate, and Connection type options randomly revert to the default values for some cameras.
A coding issue related to Archiver failover.
If you already upgraded to Security Center 5.8, you must manually change the configuration settings on your cameras or wait for Security Center 220.127.116.11 to be released.
- Create a temporary setting for your Archiver roles and then upgrade your system:
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Video task.
- In the Video task, select the Archiver role.
- Click the Resources tab and click .
- Add the following setting and then click
- Repeat the steps for each Archiver role.
- Upgrade to Security
After you upgrade your system, you can delete the DisableAddKnownConfigs setting.
- Stop all Genetec™ services on
your standby servers that are set up for Archiver failover and then upgrade
- Stop services on the standby Archiver servers.
- Upgrade the primary Archiver server while the standby Archiver servers are down.
- After the video units are back online on the primary Archiver server, restart services on the standby Archiver servers.
This issue will be fixed in Security Center 18.104.22.168.