[KBA-79024] Critical issues with Mercury LP controllers
This article explains why you experience scheduling and timestamp issues with Mercury LP controllers after Leap Day, February 29th, 2020, and how to fix this.
After Leap Day, February 29th, 2020, Mercury LP1501, LP1502, LP2500, and LP4502 controllers have scheduling issues and report the time and date incorrectly. As a result, access might be granted or denied outside of scheduled periods.
A hardware issue.
- Upgrade all deployed Mercury LP intelligent controllers to firmware version 1.29.0. You can download the controller firmware here: https://downloadcenter.genetec.com/products/SynergisSoftwire/FirmwarePackages/Mercury/Mercury_Firmwares_1_29_0_20200121.sfw.
- Upgrade your system to Synergis™
SR1. You can download Synergis™
Softwire 10.11 SR1
from GTAP (https://gtap.genetec.com). You need a username
and password to log on to GTAP.
For information about upgrading to Synergis™ Softwire 10.11 SR1, see Supported upgrades from earlier versions of Synergis™ Softwire.
- Log in to the Synergis™ unit.
- Click Select upgrade file.
- In the file browser that opens, select the
Mercury_Firmwares_1_29_0_20200121.sfw firmware file
and click Open.The .sfw file must be located on your local drive.IMPORTANT: Make sure the firmware file is unblocked.
- Click Upgrade now.
- Log in to the Synergis unit by typing this string after the IP
After one minute, a list of all peripherals that are enrolled to the Synergis Cloud Link are shown with their firmware version and IP address.
- If there is a Mercury LP controller listed with a firmware version earlier
than 1.29.0 (Major: 1, Minor: 290), click Upgrade to version
1.290.NOTE: We recommend upgrading one Mercury LP controller at a time.
- If the LP controller upgrade does not work from the Synergis™ unit, you can use the Mercury
IAU tool to upgrade the firmware as follows:
- Download the Mercury IAU Tool from https://downloadcenter.genetec.com/support/Firmware/Mercury/Mercury_IAU_FWTool_ver1043.zip.
- Download the required Mercury 1.29.0 firmware files from https://downloadcenter.genetec.com/support/Firmware/MercuryFW/MercuryLPFW_1.29.zip.
- Follow steps 2 to 15 in [KBA-78939] Mercury EP controllers running firmware older than 1.19.4.x remain offline after enrolling them on the Synergis™ unit.
For all new Mercury LP controller installations until June 1st, 2020, we recommend that you upgrade the controller firmware to version 1.29.0.
For additional information, contact your system integrator or Genetec™ Technical Support.