[KBA-78080] Unable to load background in map tiles in Security Center
After installing a Microsoft .NET Framework update, you are no longer able to load maps properly.
After installing Microsoft .NET Framework update KB4040972, KB4040971, or KB4040973, the Security Center Map Manager role generates blank tiles when you create maps in your system.
- When opening a map in a Monitoring task or Maps task, the entities are displayed in the tile but there is no background (map).
- All map tiles for the affected maps are blank in the map cache folder.
Refer to the following Microsoft article: "Rendering issues after the September 12, 2017, .NET Security and Quality Rollups are installed"
To resolve this issue, do the following:
- Uninstall the update.
- Install the corresponding security update for your system as indicated in the Workaround section of the Microsoft Support article to ensure your system is protected.
- Reboot the server and delete the cache of the affected maps in the map cache.
The default map cache path is C:\ProgramData\Security
Each map has its own folder in the map cache. Browse each one and delete the folders of the maps that contain only blank tiles.
- Restart the Map Manager role. The role recreates all the missing map folders with their tiles.