[KBA-76688] Cannot view video playback in Security Desk because the timeline is missing
In Security Desk, if the video timeline that is displayed in the canvas tile disappears for a camera, the video playback function does not work.
You might sometimes be unable to play back video from the Security Desk Archive and Monitoring tasks for some cameras. However, the same video can be successfully played back from the Archive Storage Details task in Security Desk.
The Archiver's ability to record video is not compromised. You can find and play back recordings directly from the storage drives. This issue occurs when the Start Recording events are missing from the Archiver database for the affected cameras.
In the Security Desk Archive and Monitoring tasks, the timeline might be shown as black in the canvas tiles for some cameras, and you are unable to play back video when connected to the local Archiver server.
In rare instances during Archiver automatic clean-up, the SQL query results are not sorted properly and the server fails to move the Start Recording event forward before deleting the expired Start Recording events.
To resolve this issue, you can try deactivating and reactivating the Archiver role.
- From the home page, open the System status task.
- From the Monitor list, select Roles.
- Select the Archiver role and click Deactivate role. The role turns red (inactive) in the report pane.
- To reactivate the Archiver role, select it and click Activate role.
If the problem persists, there might be an event missing in the Archiver database. Contact the Genetec™ Technical Assistance Center for further help.
- Security Center 5.4 SR3 CU9 and later
- Security Center 5.5 SR5 CU5 and later
- Security Center 5.6 SR1 CU1 and later