[KBA-78983] Cannot change the time zone on Streamvault™ appliances
This article explains why you might not be able to change the time zone on a Streamvault™ appliance.
Applies to: Streamvault™ appliances
- When you try to change the time zone from the Windows Taskbar using the
Date and time settings the changes are not applied,
and the time zone reverts to the previous setting.
- When you try to change the time zone from the Windows Control Panel using the
Change time zone button in the Date and
Time dialog box, you receive the following error: You do
not have permission to perform this task.
Group policy changes in Microsoft Windows.
- Open a Windows Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Type timedate.cpl and press ENTER.
- Change the time zone as required.
This issue will be resolved in a future Streamvault™ appliance image that will include the Microsoft policy changes.