[KBA-78984] Coaxial PTZ not working on Axis Q7436 unit after configuring serial PTZ
This article explains why the Pan Tilt Zoom (PTZ) function does not work when serial wiring is initially activated in Config tool for a coaxial-connected PTZ camera.
Applies to: Security Center 5.6 SR1
PTZ function does not work when serial wiring is initially activated in Config tool for a coaxitron encoder. The issue persists when activating coaxial PTZ controls.
During initial setup, you cannot activate serial wiring on an analogue PTZ camera that is connected through coaxitron. The connection must immediately be set to coaxial PTZ when it is added to Config tool.
- If you do not want to delete the video unit from Security
Center, do the following:
- In Config Tool, go to the Hardware tab of the camera and turn the PTZ OFF.
- On the workstation, restart the Genetec™ Server Service (Genetec™ Server.exe).
- In the Hardware tab, turn the PTZ
ON without clicking
The Protocol drop-down list will display the wrong PTZ protocol.
- Without applying your changes in the Hardware tab, select the affected video unit in the area view and click the Properties tab.
- Clear the Enable coaxial PTZ control option and click Apply.
- Wait a few seconds, and then reactivate coaxial PTZ control option
and click Apply.
- Go to the Hardware tab of the camera, turn
the PTZ option back
ON, and click
The correct PTZ protocol is displayed in the Protocol drop-down list, and you can now control the PTZ.
- Delete and re-add the video unit as follows:
- Delete the video unit in Config Tool.
- Add the video unit in Config Tool.
- In the Properties tab of the video unit, select the Enable coaxial PTZ control option and click Apply.