To integrate an alarm receiver in Security Center, you must install the Receiver intrusion detection extension on a Security Center expansion server and on all client workstations.
What you should know
- Although it is possible to run the Receiver extension on a server that hosts other Security Center roles, it is a best practice to install the extension on a dedicated expansion server to ensure the availability of Security Center.
- Install the extension on all of the Security Center client workstations.
- Open the GTAP Product Download page.
- Under Download Finder, select the compatible version of Security Center.
- From the Genetec Plugins section, download the package for your product.
Run the .exe file, and then unzip the file.
By default, the file is unzipped to C:\Genetec.
- Open the extracted folder, right-click the setup.exe file, and click Run as administrator.
- Follow the installation instructions.
On the Installation Wizard Completed page, click
IMPORTANT: The Restart Genetec™ Server option is selected by default. You can clear this option if you do not want to restart the Genetec™ Server immediately. However, you must restart the Genetec™ Server to complete the installation.
Close, and then open, any instances of Config
Tool and Security
From the Intrusion Manager, click the Extension tab, and verify that the receiver is listed.