In Web Client, time is displayed according to the time zones of access control units and video units. If an entity or event is not related to a unit, the local time zone of Mobile Server is used.
- When viewing playback video, the playback timestamp is based on the time zone of the video unit.
- When exporting video, the start and end time for the export is based on the time zones of the video units.
- Event timestamps in report queries are based on each unit’s local time zone. For example, if you are searching for door events, the time range for the query is adjusted based on the time zones of the access control units controlling the associated doors.
Door A is in Eastern Time (EDT), and Door B is in Atlantic Time (ADT). If you create a report with a time range between 9 A.M. to 5 P.M. in Universal Time (UTC), you receive events that occurred during that period in each access control unit’s time zone:
- Door A: Events that occurred from 1 P.M. to 9 P.M. UTC (9 A.M. to 5 P.M. EDT)
- Door B: Events that occurred from 12 P.M. to 8 P.M. UTC (9 A.M. to 5 P.M. ADT)