You can control PTZ cameras that are displayed in the canvas in the Monitoring task.
What you should know
Some PTZ camera models support the following two additional PTZ controls:
- Zoom box
- Zoom in on an area by drawing a box on the video image. This works like the digital zoom for fixed cameras.
- Center the camera on a point of the video image with a single click.
When these commands are supported by your PTZ camera, the mouse cursor changes to a cross hairs icon.
NOTE: Zoom box and center-on-click are not supported when using Web Client on tablets.
- To display the PTZ camera, drag it from the selector into the canvas, or choose it in the selector, and click Add ().
Zoom in and out one of the following ways:
- Use the commands in the PTZ widget.
- If your PTZ camera supports the Zoom box feature, draw a box on the video image to zoom in.
To pan or tilt the PTZ motor, do one of the following:
- Use the arrows in the PTZ widget.
- If your PTZ camera supports the Center-on-click feature, click in the video image to center the image on that point.
- To return to the home position, click Home () in the PTZ widget.