When viewing a camera in the Monitoring task, you can alternate between live and playback video modes from camera widget in the dashboard.
What you should know
If the camera was blocked by a user in Security Desk during the time range that you want to view, then you might not be able to play back the video, depending on your user level.
- In the Monitoring task, select a camera in a tile.
Switch to playback video mode one of the following ways:
- To jump backward in 15-second increments, click Jump
backward () in the
The seek value is 15 seconds by default. You can configure this value from Mobile Admin.
- To jump to a specific time in the video playback, do the following:
- In the camera widget, click Go to specific date and time ().
- In the Go to specific date and time dialog box, select the date and time of the video archives you want to view.
- (Optional) Click Advanced search, select a date and time,
and click Search.
If there are video archives for that camera during the time range you specified, they are shown on the right.
- Select a video sequence, and then click OK.
- To jump backward in 15-second increments, click Jump backward () in the camera widget.
- To switch to live video, click the Switch to live () button in the camera widget on the dashboard.