To configure the access rights and properties that are common to a group of cardholders, you can create cardholder groups.
Before you begin
What you should know
If you have a large access control system, cardholders and access rules are much easier to manage when cardholders are members of cardholder groups.
- Select the Access control task from the Web Client home page.
- At the bottom of the selector pane, click Add.
In the Creating a new cardholder group dialog box, enter the
following cardholder group properties:
- Entity’s given name.
- Optional information regarding the entity.
- Email address
- Email address for the cardholder group. The email address can be used to send emails or to email reports to the group.
- Group available for visitors
- Set this to ON if this group will be used for visitors.
- Define the cardholder group members using the and buttons. Both individual cardholders and other cardholder groups can be members.
- Partitions this cardholder group is a member of. Partitions determine which
Center users have access to this
entity. Only accepted users of the partition can view or modify the cardholder group.
- To add a partition, click .
- To remove a partition, select the partition and click .
- Access rules
- Access rules that apply to this cardholder group. NOTE: The access rules displayed with a yellow background are inherited and cannot be removed.
- To add an access rule, click .
- To remove an access rule, select the access rule and click .
- Click the Custom fields tab.
- Modify the cardholder group’s custom fields, if some were defined for them in Security Center.
- Click Save ().