[KBA-79053] Potential vulnerability Dell Intel Rapid Storage Technology's User Interface Application affecting Streamvault
This article explains a potential security vulnerability that was recently discovered in the User Interface of Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) application, which can lead to an escalation of privilege.
User interface application can potentially be exploited to gain elevated privileges. For more information, see https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/security-center/advisory/intel-sa-00324.html.
This security vulnerability affect the user interface of all Streamvault E servers with the following (RST) software versions:
- Intel® RST v17.x before version 184.108.40.2066 (For v17, the application is called Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management application)
- Intel® RST v16.x before version 220.127.116.113
- Intel® RST v15.x before version 18.104.22.1680
You need to perform a reboot after installing the update.
Security vulnerability in user interface application.
- If you use Windows 10 or Windows Server 2016 -
- Update the (RST) software versions to one the following versions based on
- Intel RST v17.x update to version 22.214.171.1246
- Intel RST v16.x update to version 126.96.36.1993
- Intel RST v15.x update to version 188.8.131.520
The updates can be downloaded from this link and could required one reboot to complete the process https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/55005/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST
- If you use Windows Server 2019, uninstall the Intel RST user interface application using the Add or Remove Program functions in Windows.