[KBA-79028] Decoders stop displaying video after Archiver failover in Security Center
This article explains why decoders no longer display video after an Archiver failover event in Security Center, and what you can do to fix it.
When an Archiver role fails over and comes back online, monitors connected to decoders turn black and no longer display video.
This behavior is as designed.
- Disconnect the camera from the decoder tile in Security Desk, and then drag the camera back into the tile.
- Reconnect the decoder from Config Tool.
- On the primary Archiver server, open the Server Admin.
- Select the primary Archiver server and click
- Expand Archiver Role commands and click
- To enable the ForceExecutionOnPrimary option, type
true and click OK.
If the operation is successful, you receive a Succeeded message.
- Repeat the steps for each server that hosts an Archiver role which manages a decoder.
If you change the primary Archiver server for an Archiver role, you must perform this workaround again.