[KBA-78947] Webcam image not displaying in Security Center when assigning cardholder pictures
This article explains why a webcam image might not display in Security Desk or Config Tool when you are trying to assign a cardholder picture.
The webcam works properly in Windows, but the webcam image is not displayed in the Cardholder management task in Config Tool or Security Desk.
The latest driver might not be installed on the webcam.
- In Windows, open Device Manager.
- Right-click your webcam and select
- In the Properties dialog box, click the
Driver tab, and then click Update
- Click .
- Clear the Show compatible hardware option.
- From the Manufacturer section, select the manufacturer of your webcam.
- From the Model section, select the model of your webcam.
- Click Next.
You should receive this message: Windows has successfully updated your drivers.
- Restart Config Tool or Security Desk.
The next time you try to assign a cardholder picture in the Cardholder management task using the Load from webcam option, the webcam image displays correctly. If the webcam image is still not displaying, contact Genetec™ Technical Support.