Installing Omnicast™ on the SV-16v3 or SV-32v2
You can set up SV-16v3 and SV-32v2 network security appliances for use with Omnicast™, by installing Omnicast™ on the appliance.
If you want to change the configuration of the SV appliance, you must log in as an Administrator.
What you should know
- Power on the SV appliance.
- Click admin, and enter the password for the selected user account.
- In Windows Control Panel, click Programs and Features.
Uninstall the following Genetec™
- Genetec Auto Update
- Genetec Security Center
- Genetec Security Center Mobile Server
- Genetec SV Control Panel
- Genetec SV Updater
- Genetec Update Service
- Genetec System Availability Monitor Agent
Refresh the Programs and Features window, and check that
all Genetec™ programs are
The Genetec Auto Update might have re-installed some of the programs.
- If some of the Genetec™ software is still installed, unintall the programs.
In the Programs and Features window, uninstall
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (64-bit) as follows:
- Select the program, and click Remove.
- Click .
- Select all the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (64-bit) features.
- Click .
Install Omnicast server.
For information about installing Omnicast sever, see the Omnicast™ Installation and Upgrade Guide.
Install Omnicast client.
For information about installing Omnicast client, see the Omnicast™ Installation and Upgrade Guide.
- Stop all Genetec™ Services and close the Watchdog Tray.
- Open the Windows Control Panel, and then click File Exporer Options.
- In the File Exporer Options dialog box, click the View tab.
- Select the Show hidden files, folders, and drivers option, and click .
- In Windows File Explorer, navigate to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\.
- Right-click the MachineKeys folder, and then click .
- Add an OmnicastSvUser, and give them Full Control permissions.
- If you receive any Access Denied messages, click Continue.
- Restart the SV appliance.
Activate your Omnicast license.
For information about activating your Omnicast license, see the Omnicast™ Installation and Upgrade Guide.