[KBA-01052] How to troubleshoot events not received through an Omnicast™ plugin
This article explains how to troubleshoot situations where events are not received by an Omnicast™ plugin.
After installing and configuring a plugin in Omnicast™ to communicate with third-party software, the plugin does not receive or generate any events from the external system it is communicating with.
- Ensure that the Windows time on the servers is synchronized with the Omnicast™ time.
- Ensure that the time on any units is synchronized with the Omnicast™ time.
- In the Live Viewer Events pane, verify that the events you are
expecting are enabled in the events filter.
- Verify that the version of the external system (third-party software) is supported for the version of the plugin installed. Refer to the "Compatibility" section in the plugin User Guide.
- Verify that the plugin is connected to the external system as follows:
- In the Live Viewer Events pane, ensure that the events filter has the following events selected: Plugin error, Plugin started, Plugin stopped
- Restart the Metadata Engine on the server (in Server Admin, select the Metadata Engine, and click on Restart)
- In the Live Viewer Events pane, an event should indicate that the plugin was able to connect to the external system successfully.
- Go to Config Tool, select the plugin, and click its Links tab. For
most plugins, the status on each external identifier should be Listening
for events. Refer to the plugin's User Guide to confirm if
this status is available for the plugin. If this status exists for the plugin, but it is not showing in the Links tab:
- Verify if the external identifier is spelled correctly.
- Avoid special characters in external identifiers, such as dashes or periods.
- If there are firewalls between the servers, disable them temporarily.
- Most plugins use an XML file to map the events from the external system to
Omnicast™ events. Verify if the
events in question are properly mapped in the XML file.
If the issue persists after these steps, contact the Genetec™ Technical Assistance Center.