[KBA-00274] How to configure a PTZ camera on multi-channel Axis encoders in Omnicast™
This article explains how to configure a PTZ camera on many multi-channel Axis encoders in Omnicast™.
Some Axis encoders (such as the Q243, for example) have multiple video inputs. However, there is only one RS485 port at the back of the unit. If you need more than one analog PTZ camera on the encoder, the RS485 wiring from each PTZ camera must be connected to the single serial port.
This article applies to many Axis encoders, such as the Q24x and Q74xx series.
- Log in to the unit web page.
- Ensure that the port usage on the first video input of the encoder is
configured as Generic TCP/IP.
- Ensure that each PTZ camera is configured with a unique PTZ address.
- Add the unit in Omnicast™.
To add the unit in Omnicast™, each input must be added as a unit with its IP address. For example, on a 4-channel encoder like the Q243, four units are displayed in the Physical View in Omnicast™. After all the units are added, the RS-485 serial port is only displayed on the first unit of the encoder; there should not be RS-485 ports on the other units.
- To create a PTZ, right-click the camera that you want as a PTZ and click .
- In the Create PTZ window, select Any serial
port, and in the drop-down list select the RS-485 serial port of the
first unit of the encoder.
- Click OK.
The PTZ motor is now displayed under the RS-485 serial port of the first unit of the encoder, and the camera in the other unit is now displayed as a PTZ camera.
- Configure the RS-485 serial port settings and PTZ properties as required for the PTZ camera.