[KBA-78980] Updating Mercury LP intelligent controllers after upgrading to Security Center 5.8
This article explains how to update Mercury LP intelligent controllers in Security Center 5.8 that were enrolled as Mercury EP controllers in an earlier version of Security Center.
Applies to: Security Center 5.8 | Synergis™ Softwire 10.10
Mercury discontinued the EP series and has started to fulfill orders with LP controller. Starting in Security Center 5.8, you can enroll LP controllers as LP controllers in Config Tool.
In Security Center 5.7 and earlier, Mercury LP controllers were enrolled in Security Center as Mercury EP controllers. After you upgrade to Security Center 5.8 and Synergis™ Softwire 10.10, you can switch those controllers to LP controllers in Config Tool.
- From the home page in Config Tool, click .
- Select the Synergis™ unit with the LP controller that is enrolled as an EP controller, and then click the Peripherals tab.
- Select the LP controller that is enrolled as an EP controller.
- Press Ctrl+Shift and click Edit the item ().
- In the window that opens, click Convert.
- Click Apply.
The Mercury LP controller is now listed as an LP controller in Security Center.