If you want to modify the building segments that were created in the Otis CompassPlus™ system, you can add or remove segments, or floors within segments, in Security Center.
What you should know
Segmentation allows you to separate passengers into different elevator cars based on which segments they are members of, allow passengers to travel within the same segment, and configure travel between segments. The feature speeds up travel and prevents wait times by dividing your building and designating elevator cars for specific passengers.
The segmentation settings are controlled by the in the CompassPlus™ system. The building segments from the CompassPlus™ system are synchronized in Security Center. In Config Tool you can associate a segment with a floor. The remainder of the segmentation settings are configured in the CompassPlus™ system.
The segmentation feature is only supported if Security Center is the only system, apart from the CompassPlus™ system, from which the segmentation settings are modified.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- Under the Otis Compass plugin in the entity browser, select a DES and click the Segmentation tab.
- Enable the Enabled option.
To add or remove a segment, click the Add () or Delete () button at the bottom
of the page.
- To modify an existing segment, click the Add () or Delete () button in the Floors section of a segment.
- Select a floor ID, click OK, and then click Apply.