Using the Otis Compass plugin, you must create entities (floors, landings, and so on) in Security Center to match how the physical building structure appears in the Otis CompassPlus™ system.
Before you begin
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- Select the Otis Compass plugin from the entity browser, and then click the Building tab.
Click Building configuration and enter the following
- Group ID
- The elevator group ID.NOTE: The group ID number in Security Center corresponds to the subnet value of the Destination Entry Computer (DEC) and Destination Entry Servers (DES) from the CompassPlus™ system.
- Elevator count
- Number of elevators in the group.
- Floors served
- The floors managed by the Otis Compass plugin, using the security identifier to label the floors.
- The elevator's front door opens for this set of floors.
- The elevator's rear door opens for this set of floors.
The elevator entities are created and appear under the Otis Compass plugin role in the entity browser. In the Building tab, the floors that you assigned to the Otis Compass plugin appear in the Floors section. When you select a floor, the associated landings are displayed, along with the door side that opens.
Add the DEC that manages the dispatch settings of each landing:
- In the Floors section, select a floor.
- In the Landings section, select a landing and
click Add computer ().
- In the Add computer dialog box, choose between creating a new DEC, or using an existing DEC entity.
- If you are creating a new DEC, type a name and description for the entity, and then type the IP address of the computer.
- If you are using an existing DEC entity, click Select computer, and then select one of the DECs that were created when the Otis Compass plugin role connected to the CompassPlus™ system.
- Click OK, and then click Apply.