If you want to monitor events related to elevator cars in Security Desk, you must map each car from the CompassPlus™ system to an elevator entity in Security Center.
With the Otis Compass plugin, access to elevator cars is controlled by Destination Entry Computers (DEC), not by the elevators themselves. You can monitor dispatch events related to the elevator cars in Security Desk, such as Elevator dispatched and Elevator dispatched by user, from the Monitoring task or the Elevator activities report. However, you cannot monitor the positions of elevator cars.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
Select the Otis Compass plugin from the entity browser, and then do one of the following:
- At the bottom of Config Tool, click .
- Click the Elevators tab, and then click Add elevator ().
In the Add elevator dialog box, enter the following information:
- Name of the elevator entity.
- Description of the elevator entity.
- Group ID that this elevator belongs to.
- Elevator car number.
- Click Add and close.
If necessary, you can assign a different group ID and car number to the elevator from the Otis Compass page of the elevator entity in the Area view task.