After you create security profiles in Security Center that define the dispatch settings for the CompassPlus™ system, you must assign the security profiles to Destination Entry Computers (DEC), as well as configuring other settings for the DECs.
Before you begin
- Create the security profiles.
- If you want to assign a Security Center reader to a , add access control units in Security Center. Readers are required if you want cardholders to use a card credential to access the elevator. For information about adding access control units, see the Security Center Administrator Guide.
- Security Center readers can be assigned to the DEC from the Building tab of the Otis Compass plugin role.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- Under the Otis Compass plugin in the entity browser, select a DEC and click the Properties tab.
In the Readers section, click the add button () to assign a
Center reader to the
NOTE: Multiple readers can be assigned to a DEC.
- From the Landing drop-down list, select the landing where the DEC resides.
From the Security profile drop-down list, select which security profile to use with the DEC.
The following sections are automatically configured based on the security profile you select:
- Operation mode
- Allowed floors
- PIN code entry
- Audit record
- Click Apply.