Managing users in the AutoVu™ Portal
As an administrator in the AutoVu™ Portal, you can add or deactivate users, and modify user details and privileges.
Before you begin
What you should know
- Administrators in the AutoVu™ Portal are generally responsible for deploying AutoVu™ systems. A qualified representative of an account, for example, a technical representative of a university or municipality might also be an administrator in the AutoVu™ Portal.
- Only AutoVu™ Portal administrators can register Genetec Patroller™ vehicles with Plate link. An administrator can also create additional administrator users for a Plate link account.
- You can suspend an AutoVu™ Portal user by setting their account to inactive.
To log into an AutoVu™ Portal account:
- In a browser, enter the URL: https://portal.autovu.com.
Enter the email address associated with your administrator account and click
If your email address has been authorized to manage users for more than one
account, select the account from the list and click
The AutoVu™ Portal opens.
To add users in the AutoVu™ Portal:
- Click the Identities tab and select the Users page.
- Click the Add user () button.
- In the Create user window, enter the information for the new user.
If required, click the Administrator slider to give the user
- Administrator privileges are required to register Genetec Patroller™ vehicles with Plate link and to add new users.
- Regular users have read-only access to the AutoVu™ Portal.
The email address is added to the list of AutoVu™ Portal users.
To manage users in the AutoVu™ Portal:
Click the Identities tab and select the
A list of the users associated with the account is displayed.
Click the email address of the user you want to modify.
You can edit the user details, activate or deactivate the user, and add or remove administrator privileges.
- Click Update to save your changes.