[KBA-77680] Cannot add a SharpV camera to an Archiver if the SharpV uses HTTPS
This article explains why you cannot add a SharpV camera to an Archiver if the SharpV uses HTTPS.
After configuring a SharpV camera to use HTTPS for connectivity, you cannot add the SharpV unit to the role to record or view the camera feeds.
When adding the SharpV camera to the Archiver role, you get an error while waiting for the unit to connect.
Certain versions of Windows (for example, Windows 7 SP1, Server 2008 R2 SP1, and Server 2012) use TLS 1.0 and SSL 3.0 by default to negotiate HTTPS connections. Because of security issues found in TLS 1.0 and SSL 3.0, the SharpV only negotiates with TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2.
- Create a backup of your current Windows Registry.
- Open the Windows Registry Editor and browse to the following two locations:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\WinHttp
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\WinHttp
- In both locations, add the following DWORD key: DefaultSecureProtocols.
- In both locations, double-click the new key and enter a Decimal Value of
- Restart Windows.
You can now add the SharpV to the Archiver, using HTTPS.
This issue currently affects SharpV and Security Center 5.6 and later.