[KBA-00601] Unit motion detection on Hikvision encoders not working in Omnicast™
This article explains why unit motion detection might not work on Hikvision encoders in Omnicast™.
Unit motion detection does not work on Hikvision encoders, preventing recordings from being triggered when set to a "motion/manual" recording schedule. Starting the recording manually works.
Each channel on a Hikvision encoder must be armed for motion detection through its web page.
- Log into the unit web page and click Remote Config.
- Expand Channel Parameters and click Motion Detection.
- Select the channel you want to arm and click Settings under Arm
- Select the first Period box and set the third value to 24.
- Ensure that Whole Week is shown in the Copy To box and then click
This copies a 24h "armed" status to the unit for everyday of the week.
- Click OK.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 for all affected channels.
- After the channels are armed, reboot the unit.
Unit motion detection should now work.