To integrate SIP functions into Security Center, and allow your system to store data such as phone book contacts and the recordings of call sessions, you must first install Sipelia Server before configuring the Sipelia module in Config Tool.
Before you begin
- Your servers meet the hardware requirements described in the System requirements for Sipelia™ 2.6.
- Config Tool is installed on the system on which you plan to install Sipelia Server.
What you should know
- Sipelia Server is a server plugin () that must be run by a Security Center Plugin role. As a result, Sipelia Server must be installed on every Security Center server where you intend to host this Plugin role.
- The RabbitMQ system communication service comes bundled with the Sipelia™ installation. RabbitMQ is an open source, external Windows service that allows applications that are running on different servers, and at different times, to communicate across dissimilar networks and computers, regardless of whether they are online. Sipelia Server needs this service in order to properly communicate with Security Desk. As a result, this is an essential requirement for a Sipelia™ installation.
- Erlang software is required by RabbitMQ and is installed automatically.
- Although not mandatory, it is recommended that you install Sipelia Client after installing and deploying Sipelia Server. If Sipelia Client is installed before Sipelia Server, the user interface in Sipelia™ will not be enabled.
- Download the product from GTAP (https://gtap.genetec.com). You need a username and password to log on to GTAP.
Double-click on setup.exe to run the product's
The product's InstallShield Wizard dialog box opens.
Select the installation language, and then click
This language selection does not limit the language availability of the installed software. The Sipelia™ user interface appears in the language that is selected for Security Center.
- Click Next.
- Read the license agreement, accept the terms, and then click Next.
- Select a folder location to install the product, and then click Next.
In the Custom
Setup dialog box,
select components you want to install.
- Sipelia Client installations only require the Client component.
- Sipelia Server installations require the Server and RabbitMQ Server components.
- You can install the RabbitMQ Server component on it's own, for example, on a failover server. You can exclude the RabbitMQ Server component if, for example, you are upgrading a Sipelia Server system where RabbitMQ Server has already been installed.
To secure communication between Sipelia Server and Sipelia Client, RabbitMQ and Erlang software are installed. Choose a Username and Password for RabbitMQ. This account will be created after the RabbitMQ installation.
NOTE: The RabbitMQ credentials are automatically picked up by the Sipelia™ plugin.
By default, RabbitMQ uses port 5671 for secure SSL communication. You can modify the port if the default does not match your network architecture or requirements.
NOTE: If you modify the RabbitMQ port, you must then change the port in the Message Broker server settings.
The installation might take a few minutes.
Once completed, select Restart Genetec Server, and then click
IMPORTANT: You must restart the Genetec Server for the system to detect that a new plugin has been installed.
Restarting the Genetec Server causes a short interruption of the Security Center service on the server. If you cannot afford to interrupt the service at this time, you can restart the Genetec Server later, as long as you do so before configuring Sipelia™ in Config Tool. To avoid interruptions, it is recommended to install Sipelia Server on a dedicated Security Center expansion server.