To make calls from your SIP intercom to Security Center users, you must register the intercom with Sipelia Server.
Before you begin
- Install the SIP intercom according to the recommendations of the intercom manufacturer.
- Add and configure your SIP intercom in Config Tool.
Because there are a variety of SIP intercoms that you can install, the way they are configured and registered to Sipelia Server might differ. The steps below provide a general overview of the settings that must be configured. Always refer to the documentation provided by the manufacturer of the SIP intercom for information on how to configure and register the intercom.
What you should know
- Create a SIP account on your intercom.
- Enter an applicable name for your SIP account. This name can be the same as the one given to the intercom when adding it to Security Center, but it does not need to be. The SIP account name is not used during SIP communications.
Enter the domain or IP address of Sipelia Server.
You can find the IP address of Sipelia Server in .
- For the SIP port value, enter the value you have configured. The default value used by the Session Initiation Protocol is 5060.
- Enter the SIP extension which was assigned to this intercom in Security Center. In certain SIP clients, you must enter the extension number as the username.
- Enter the password for the SIP extension that has been assigned to the intercom.
- Register the intercom so that it can communicate with Sipelia Server.
The SIP intercom is ready to make and receive calls.