[KBA-75305] Configuring Bosch GV2, GV3, and GV4 panel settings using Bosch RPS
Before integrating Bosch intrusion panels to Security Center, you must configure the GV2, GV3, or GV4 panel settings, such as the intrusion areas, inputs (points), outputs (relays), automation mode of operation, and other behavior, using the Bosch Management Remote Programming Software (RPS).
More InformationBefore you begin
- Make sure you have Bosch RPS installed. If you are using the Bosch GV4 panel, you require Bosch RPS version 6.0.3 or later.
- Make sure you can connect to the panel using the Bosch Management RPS.
- Define the panel's inputs (points), outputs (relays), areas, and other behavior.For more information about configuring the panel using Bosch RPS, see your Bosch documentation.
The mode of operation for a panel is the protocol that is used to communicate with Security Center. Bosch GV2, GV3, and GV4 v1 panels support Mode 1. Bosch GV4 v2 panels support Mode 1 or Mode 2.To configure GV2, GV3, or GV4 panel settings using Bosch RPS:
- On your computer, open the Bosch Management RPS.
- Click Add Panel, select the panel model, and click OK.
- In the Panel Info tab, type a name for the panel.
- From the Panel Version drop-down list, select the firmware version installed on the panel, and click OK.
- (Only GV4 v2) Configure the mode of operation for the panel, as follows:
- Click AUTOMATION.
- Set the Automation Device to Mode 1 using onboard connection
without TLS or Mode 2.
- If you selected Mode 1, configure the Mode 1 Automation Ethernet Port
The default port is 7702. The port is used to communicate with the panel in the Mode 1 protocol and it is used for enrollment.
- Set the Automation Passcode.
You require this password when you add the panel as an intrusion detection unit in Security Center.
- Click Save.
- Click Connect, and then send the updated settings to the panel.
- Click Disconnect.
- If you changed the automation mode of operation, select Reset Panel.
- Click OK.
Enable communication between Security Center and the panel.