You must install the SDS Guardian plugin on a Security Center server and on all client workstations from which you want to monitor gunshot detection events and alarms.
Ensure the following:
Before you begin
What you should know
- Although it is possible to run the plugin on a server that hosts other Security Center roles, it is a best practice to install the plugin on an expansion server to ensure the availability of Security Center.
- (Optional) To improve system availability, you can enable failover for the server that hosts the plugin role.
- Download the SDS Guardian installation package from the GTAP Product Download page.
- In the package, browse to the SDS Guardian folder.
- Double-click the setup.exe file, and follow the installation instructions.
On the Installation Wizard Completed page, click
IMPORTANT: The Restart Genetec™ Server option is selected by default. You can clear this option if you do not want to restart the Genetec™ Server immediately. However, you must restart the Genetec™ Server to complete the plugin installation.
- Close, and then open, any instances of Config Tool and Security Desk to load the plugin.
Create the SDS Guardian plugin role.